Sunday, November 27, 2011

I Blog...

I Blog for many reasons:
*To keep in touch with my family
*To have a creative outlet
*To write (I enjoy it even if I'm not fabulous at it)
*To make connections in the blog world
*and just for fun....

These last two weeks I found myself saying "man I really NEED to blog", then I realized that I never NEED to blog. It shouldn't be something else on my to-do list but it should be a hobby that I enjoy leisurely. So with that being said, some weeks I may blog every day, and sometimes I may go a week or two without blogging. I apologize for the inconsistency but hope you will still enjoy my blogging! 

Today I am going to wrap up what we've been up to the last 2 weeks. It has been busy with Thanksgiving activities, but wonderful being around new friends, staying connected with old friends, and having family time. I have so much to be thankful for and have enjoyed the reminder through this holiday of all my blessings! I can't believe the life I am living- no I don't have piles of money, fancy clothes, lots of jewels or stuff.... But I do have - salvation I don't have to work for, an amazing husband who loves me more each day, wonderful children, supportive and loving family, priceless friendships, and on and on and on... I would never have thought that this is what my life would be like, but am so thankful God has a better plan for me than I have for myself! Jeremiah 29:11

Here are some pictures of our fun Thanksgiving activities:

There was a party at Eliana's school (Good Shepherd) that her and Owen took part in. They had lots of food, fun, and play time with their new friends! Very thankful for this Christian pre - school.

We had a Thanksgiving celebration for MOPS, where we feasted, fellowshiped, and enjoyed time with our kiddos as they had a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Eliana also worked on her "budding romance" with her new friend ;)

The rest of our holiday time was spent with my mom, brother and sister. We ate too much food (as so many did I'm sure) and played LOTS of games! (so fun!!!)

All we did Wednesday was eat snacks and play games.


Owen concentrated hard on his Rumikub tiles. (he sat playing and making this face for a solid 30 minutes!)


Eliana beat everyone at matching and Go Fish.


She also ate LOTS of black olives! And the rest of of us had a great time playing Apples to Apples. If you have never played that game it is a really fun family game and would recommend it to everyone for your family gatherings!



On Thanksgiving we feasted!


And then Friday we headed to DC to do some sight seeing. We burned off a lot of turkey as we walked around the White House, the National Mall, through some museums, and back to our hotel.





 One last shot of the Capital as we walk back to our hotel!!

It was a great last few weeks filled with SOOO much to be thankful for!!! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are looking forward to the Christmas season coming up!!!


Love and Prayers- Dawn

No comments: