Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas crafts and homemade gifts!

Trying to wrap up Christmas posts and move forward to the new year!!!  I wanted to post on fun crafty stuff before but couldn't post about Christmas presents I hadn't given yet. Ya know? Christmas of all seasons really inspires my craftiness.  There were a million projects I wanted to do (thank you pinterest), but I reduced it to a few.

These are a few of my favorite Christmas projects...




I wanted to make Christmas decorations so the cone trees, sign, and wreath were my major projects.  I made a wreath based on this one from whipperberry but somewhere my picture of it got deleted or lost and it is now put away until next year. It was very similar to this one only with a green ribbon since I was going for a more whimsical look this year for Christmas! Overall I enjoyed making Christmas decor. Next year I would like  to tackle homemade stockings for everyone amongst a few other projects.




A hot cocoa bar was on my to do list this year and my parents took it to the next level with all their fun Keurig mixes! This and the necessary Christmas sweets were a fun way to use my creative muscles!




These 3 pictures of the presents I was able to craft up before I headed to the midwest. Needless to say I made a LOT of bows, hair bands, and my favorite a hair scarf head band thingy (technical name of coarse). I also fell in love with making little boy bow ties, I plan to make a ton of these and some ties this spring. And lastly I made a daily memory record for a friend (also inspired by pinterest). It holds a card for each day of the year and you can write down something for the day and the year and rotate the cards through the years, then share with your kids when they are older. It was a fun present to make and give :)

Now that Christmas is over its time to turn my attention to spring and other craft projects! Always a reason to be creative and crafty, right? :) 

Prayers and Blessings - Dawn

1 comment:

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

I really need to make some boy bow ties for my nephew... those are TOOO cute!!! Thanks for sharing these ideas!!! I have a project party every weekend if you want to join here.. http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/01/vanilla-bean-iced-coffee-and-project.html
Have a great day!
-Rachel