Sunday, April 29, 2012

You are what you eat??

So this post is funny and GROSS!!! prepare yourself!

This week I ran across a Facebook post that Todd's cousin posted. It was the following -


Our fast "food" display is now 2 years old. The word food is questionable, since the bread-like and meat-like substances have not molded or spoiled in any way. Bugs won't even bother with it. Please think twice about giving this to your kids. You have a choice, but they don't. We truly are what we eat.


This was from his wellness center that I believe a local doctor decided to do... and the scary part is that it was from 2 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

So of coarse I immediately showed this to Todd because lately I have been feeling like the list of foods  I feel good about giving our kids is getting shorter and shorter... I literally don't go to over 1/2 the grocery store these days! I'm not claiming perfection in feeding our children just scared that I'm poisoning them! 

Anyway I digress, after I showed this to Todd I was surprised that his response was "NO WAY, that's not real!"  I couldn't believe it.... as they say on nemo - "DENIAL"  lol... so bless his heart we now have this gracing our kitchen counter -


YEP that's right our own at home experiment! I am so excited about this because not only will it be great for my husband but also for our kids! We can teach them that just because something claims to be "food" it may in fact NOT BE!!!! 

So I will give you an update in 30 days! If in 30 days this burger and fries has not changed a bit, has not molded, shriveled, etc, etc,. Todd says we will no longer eat fast food (mind you we rarely eat fast food but steps in the whole food direction are great)  so with that we will see?  You can't deny anything if you do the experiment yourself, right???  Maybe you and your family would like to do one as well? The basic burger and fries costs us just under $2.50 - a cheap experiment if I say so myself. 

I know that the organic - whole vs "regular food" can be a huge debate, and I am definitely not here to judge but please comment with your thoughts. I am just dipping my toe into all this information, thoughts, and , ideas and would love to hear all of yours!!!

Prayers and Blessings - Dawn


1 comment:

Darlene said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.