Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Cleaning

So last week when my brother and sister were down for spring break I decided that I would tackle some Spring cleaning projects. I haven't completed all my projects but wanted to share my progress and a few tips I have for being a fellow "clean freak".  My spring cleaning list features stuff I really don't want to do on a regular basis but really needs to be done. My list last week looked like this:

Eliana's Closet
Owen't Closet
Our Closet
Eliana Toys sorted through
Owen's toy's sorted through
Linen closet organized
Coat closet organized
Clean under beds
Organize garage sale items
Wash blinds
Front of house landscaping
re-do basement dresser
Eliana picture frame updated
Basement toys sorted through
Mop floors by hand
Clean and disinfect toys
Shampoo living room carpet

Sounds like fun huh?? Well I must admit that I really LOVE to mark things off my list, it gives me this sense of accomplishment that I have finished something on my "list", and here is what my list looks like now:

Eliana's Closet
Owen't Closet
Our Closet
Eliana Toys sorted through
Owen's toy's sorted through
Linen closet organized
Coat closet organized
Clean under beds
Organize garage sale items
Wash blinds
Front of house landscaping
re-do basement dresser
Eliana picture frame updated
Basement toys sorted through
Mop floors by hand
Clean and disinfect toys
Shampoo living room carpet

Needless to say I still have some really FUN stuff to mark off my list! But besides spring cleaning I wanted to share a few tips that have helped me and my family keep our home organized and clean (for the most part)

  1. Mom's - quit your job and be at home so you actually have time to clean.. LOL I only make this joke because I really don't think I would be able to keep as clean and organized of a house if I had a full time job. So props to all of you doing the work world and the domestic world!
  2. My biggest tip and what I would preach would be - THROW THINGS AWAY! If you want your house to be organized and not cluttered than you are going to have to THROW THE CLUTTER AWAY. I really think this is the only way to keep a house from getting over run by stuff. Also donating items or giving them away that are reusable like toys, clothes, etc.. is always a good idea.
  3. Give yourself a schedule and do things daily and weekly and make it a priority. Really it only takes a few minutes if you do things consistently. Things I do daily: Dishes, a load of laundry (usually), wipe down the bathroom, make beds, and vacuum (every other day) Things I do weekly: dust, sweep and mop, deep clean the bathroom, clean out the food in the fridge, and do a little reorganizing to toys, junk spots, etc..
If I were to give 3 tips these would be them. I'm not a domestic master but I really enjoy keeping a tidy home and feel like our home is more enjoyable for our family when its tidy and organized!

So as spring approaches I want to wish everyone Good Luck with your spring cleaning projects and hope to read or hear about them from all of you!

Blessings and Prayers - Dawn

No comments: