Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Card Secret... shhhhh

So I have decided to reveal my Christmas Card secret :)  Two years ago I decided that I wanted to find a different alternative to the regular Christmas cards, mostly because it is EXPENSIVE! I would end up spending $100 by the time I had Christmas cards printed, and the postage for them to be mailed. Plus it would take me forever to get them together, it became more of a form of stress then joy for me around Christmas. So I did some research and decided to go with a Christmas "video card".  I do love sending things in the mail and receiving things in the mail but since we are in the techno age I thought it was ok to switch to a "techno" Christmas card. After some research I found a website called ANIMOTO.com Its a great site that has pre-made videos that you can custom make into your own personal video. You can use them for all kinds of things - baby announcements, save the dates, big news, and of coarse Christmas Videos. I realized that for $5 I could sign up and send our video to all our friends and family, then when I was done with the video I could unsubscribe with no added fees. So basically I could have a great Christmas Card for all our family and friends for $5! Once I signed up and loaded our pics it was easy as pie. I get a lot of compliments on doing our Christmas Card this way and my husband loves it too. I tell you all this not because I'm a spokesperson for animoto (although I would love some plugging cash) but just to share in the secret. Maybe next year you will save some time and money and switch to a "techno" Christmas Card!  And for anyone who hasn't been able to check our our video yet here it is.... http://animoto.com/play/V9OkEvgZWWHX4q2mUf5wXg

Prayers and Blessings - Dawn

No comments: