Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Our Little Boy is 1!

1st birthday parties make me sad. I know it sounds silly but the transformation that happens in the first year is just so intense. They go from this tiny helpless little creature to a walking babbling little person. It just amazes me the change that happens in that first year and I feel like first birthday parties are like telling your baby goodbye! This year is a little extra sad for me because Todd and I are hoping to adopt from this point on in our lives so this may be the last 1st birthday party we ever have. Anyway, I say all that "mushy" stuff to really blog about celebrating our son and his FIRST BIRTHDAY! We had a great party filled with friends and family. I love throwing a party and Owen's first party was a LEGO themed party. Owen loves legos and so this was a perfect party theme for him. We had lots of fun, ate lots of cake, and celebrated the little man Owen is growing to be! Hope you enjoy the pictures of our special day and special celebration!

Owen's Lego Cake
Since the weather wasn't so great we had to move our party inside. So we tried to transform our garage into a party room :)







Owen didn't hesitate on the cake
Wasn't so sure about opening all the presents! But had a sister that was more then glad to help.

It was a great day of celebrating and tomorrow at 3:45 Owen will officially be One Year Old!!!

Prayers and Blessings - Dawn

1 comment:

Allison Nicole said...

Oh I totally relate to you on this! I felt the exact same way you did when mine turned 1 last July! Time does fly, they grow so quick! Now I'm frieken out because mine will be 2 in 3 months!