Thursday, April 4, 2013

Impromptu Fundraiser!

Today I got an unexpected message from a family member, she said "hey I'm doing a little fundraiser for your adoption!" I about cried when I read that message! The blessing of someone wanting to help us with our adoption gets me every time. From people buying t shirts, donating towards our auction, donating money, and offering prayer. It is overwhelming to us (in a good way).  We can't wait for the day when we are helping others (family, friends, and strangers) with their adoption journey!

We have been praying these last 2 weeks for God to show us some ways to raise funds for our next fee payment. Like I posted before we have about a $7,000 payment coming up soon for our Dossier and other program fees. We are working on filing for grants, have a little garage sale planned, and using the funds from our Home Business and Crafted in Grace towards this as well!  So to be in the middle of prayer for this very thing and get an unexpected message was/is wonderful!

All that being said let me tell you about the quick little fundraiser and how you can participate (if you wish).

Our sweet family member Jennifer had a trunk show with the Noonday Collection, and the party will be open as an online catalog party until April 8th.  The products themselves already benefit a wonderful cause, you can read more about that here. Along with the wonderful cause is a way to have a portion donated to our adoption! Sounds like a win-win-win to me :)  So here are the simple instructions -

1- Go to this site - http://www.keriwalker.noondaycollection.com/

2 - At the checkout, choose Keri Walker in the drop down menu as your Ambassador

3 - and at the very bottom of checkout, where it says "Trunk Show" please write (in order to earn the 10% for the adoption, it has to have this important, exact detail) :  Jennifer Downs

So there you have it, easy enough! Please make sure to follow the instructions so that everything works out! If you have any questions just comment or email me - dawn_prather@yahoo.com

I went to the site to pick out some of my favorite things and had a hard time choosing. Here are a few (well more then a few) of my favorites!











I think these products are beautiful!

As always you can like our facebook page to follow our adoption journey beyond this blog.

Prayers and Blessings - Dawn

No comments: